Tuesday, September 05, 2006


I must apologize for not blogging for almost a month. I kind of feel like Hutch. Though at least my last post was after his last post.

I have a lot to say but I won't say it all. The last few months of the summer were killing me. Work has gotten crazier and I have come to loathe my supervisor. It might be me but I really do not need supervision at work like some of my co-workers. I am constantly finding things that will improve the area that we support. Also I have a second responsibility of my job that started back in Nov after the outsourcing. In this role I am the only person that does it and I report directly to the second line manager of our department. I still usually keep my first line manager in the loop of most of the things so he has an idea of what I am doing.

My team-lead(supervisor) however seems to think that he needs to be involved in everything. Which recently has become a bigger problem for my job. I believe I have spoken on this before. I briefly spoke to my first line manager about possibly moving out from under my team-lead. Hopefully I can follow through in the next few weeks to figure out a plan. Its either that or move completly out from under my first line manager though I really get along well with him so I do not want to have to do that.

Another reason that I was so crazy was schoo. I know this is going to sound really strange coming from the guy who dropped out of college after his first year but I really want to do well in school. I was completely stressing about how I was doing in the last class I took this summer. It has a lot to do with the first homework assignment which I spent over ten hours on and still gave up and got an 84%. I know that 84% is a B and I should be happy. However; going back to school now for me means that I really waited until I was ready which means I should be able to get the best grades possible. In the past the worst grade I have gotten for a class was a B+ except for on class which I never quite finished. That class really F's up my GPA but the class was about how to plan your path in school in a program that I am not longer with. Also that class came during a interesting part of my life. So I basically pretend like that never happened and still consider my worst grade a B+. So based on that I get worried about not getting an A. Not an A- but an A. I need to in order to keep pulling my GPA up but also just because I want to do the best I can.

I am happy to say that after my first homework assignment of 84 I was able to pull off much better grades. It was a lot of work but I was able to pull off the A in the class. I know its sounds really stupid that I am worried about it but I figure that being almost 30 I should understand the importance of school know and getting good grades that most 18-21 years olds don't.

On a much better note. The last week I took Keri on a somewhat suprise vacation to Cozumel, MX. Picture will be posted once I get the camera developed and get photo's from Keri's digital camera. We went Scuba diving so we bought a disposable underwater camera. I am not sure how the picture will turn out but I am sure they will be crappy since my above water photo skills are not that good. It will be interesting. Otherwise there is a long drawn out travel story. Short version we ended up spending the first night of our vacation in beautiful Dallas,TX. We at least got to enjoy a Shiner Bock.

I will try to post the whole story plus the letter that I plan on writing.

Recommendation: If you plan on booking travel it defintly is helpful to book it through a travel agent/tour company. We booked through American Airlines Vacation's and they were a huge help when problems with the trip happened. Plus there was then someone at our destination to contact if we needed assistance.

Overall Keri and I had a great relaxing trip. I loved Cozumel though I really wished I had seen it before Hurricane Wilma hit last year. It will be a few years before they fully recover.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I felt the same way when I went back to school. I was fairly surprised by my motivation to do well! (most likely motivated by the fact that it was my money!) I even managed to get on the Deans List at Northwestern!

Still didn't pull my overall GPA over a 3.0 - but it felt great!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home