Monday, July 17, 2006

Who is this guy named Steve?

NOTE: This is a post that I wrote a while ago and just noticed that I save it as a draft instead of posting. I believe its still valid though.

There is a secret little fact in Hollywood that some of our friends stumbled upon a few years back. So far I have seen no evidence to prove otherwise. On Memorial Day weekend our theory was once again reinforced.
Hypothesis:
If a guy is mentally or physically challenged, completely idiotic, socially retarded, a complete douchebag, or even a donkey then the character will be named Steve.

Initial findings:
We made our first finding of this fact after watching Waterboy and finding of the the donkey or mule that lived in their house was named Steve.

This was reinforced on Memorial day weekend while watching The Ringer. The lead character who is faking being mentally handicapped while trying to fix the special olympics was named steve. I received a phone call the same weekend from Mark stated the same fact.

If your wondering why we would even notice this small little fact then you would need to meet our friend Steve G. Steve is the embodiment of all these characters all rolled into one. Now I do not know whether he has tried to fix the special olympics however I would not put it past him.
Steve stated off as an actor in college. Based on this my new theory is that someone from Hollywood saw him act and has sense then been writing characters with him in mind ever since. Either that or his twin actually lives in hollywood.

Feel free to post your favorite Steve.

I believe Steve's across the world have banned together to save their name with the site below. My point though is further made by the quote below on the site.
"The retarded copy of Michael Keaton calls the real Michael Keaton "Steve."


http://www.chud.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-57887.html

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it is still valid as well. I'll keep my eye out for more "Steves"

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant post, Dave. Ye be the harbringer of truth...

9:54 PM  
Blogger mark said...

This post is like going to the music store. You have all these albums you keep in the back of your mind that you want to buy, but when you get there you can't remember a single one.

I know we've seen literally dozens of examples of this. But for the life of me I can't think of one right now..

That Erkel kid's first name was "Steve", wasn't it? On Family Matters or whatever-the-f that show was?

I will hereby come to this post whenever I find a new example of this. As long as I can remember to.

10:40 PM  
Blogger mark said...

In my failed attempts at searching IMDB for other "Steve" characters, I realized....


...THOUGHT: Isn't the 40-year old virgin's name "Steve"?...


..anyway, I was digging through the bowels of IMDB and found the IMDB bottom 100 - basically their worst movies of all time.

And among Baby Geniuses 2: Superbabies and Santa with Muscles, I found, lamentably, Spice World. There are many lists on which that movie belongs, but the bottom 100 it does not.

And with that, I'll leave you with this choice quote: "When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants on the hook of darkness. Whether they're clean or not."

11:14 PM  
Blogger Hutch said...

Yes, Fitz, Steve Carrell is the actor who plays the 40 Year Old Virgin. Of course, while searching IMDB for some infamous Steve's, I came across the following ones....

Steve Sanders, aka Douchebag, Beverly Hills, 90210

Steve Butabi, A Night at the Roxbury

And while I assumed that either Matt Damon or Ben Affleck played some douchebag character named Steve, I was unable to find anything, except this horror....

Matt Damon is playing Lance Armstrong is an upcoming movie.

9:25 AM  
Blogger B.J. said...

Steve the Pirate in Dodgeball.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Captain Word Sleuth said...

I love that Lance it also listed in the actors section. I wonder who he will play. Maybe he will play Matt Damon meeting Lance.

Mark, I had the same issue were I could only think of a few Steve in movies where I know there have been a ton. Steve Erkel was the nerdy kid in Family Matters. Also the Tao of Steve(which I think is a funny movie) has Steve being this old fat guys that gets good looking girls.

7:37 PM  
Blogger JK said...

Steve Stiffler in American Pie.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In answer to mark's choice quote, howzabout this:

"The headless chicken can only know where he has been... he cannot see where he is going. Do not be that chicken."

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home