Friday, September 15, 2006

Time to relax



I had some homework and a lab assignment due tonight at midnight. I had been working on it a little bit this week but really focused on it last night. I got to a point where there was only a few small problems that I have left. I got home from work and spent two hours trying to get my files off the ftp site so I could work on them. After that it took me only 45 minutes to update them and finish them. I called Fitz for a brief question since my class is geared towards what he does for a career. So now I am done for the night. I just ordered ton's of Chinese foods from Jia's(best chinese food in the city). I am going to pig out and watch crappy television.

On another note. I picked up the book "A Scanner Darkly" a week or so ago because I have wanted to see the movie. Its not a big book about 250 pages. Its really quite an interesting read. Half the time you don't have a clue whats going on but its kind of the point. The book is about a junkie. So you really get to understand how bouncy the mind can be in that state. Its also got a somewhat funny bit to it because the junkie is being monitored by the police. The cool part about the book is it talks alot about the mind and how it works. The book was written in 1982. It talks alot about how the mind has two independent hemispheres though the left one is dominant. What would happen if the connections between them begin to deteorate or close. Could your mind keep going? Would you have two totally different thought patterns?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you would really like Requiem for a Dream...

Saw the movie with Dave - I have to admit that I was a bit clueless for a good portion, but it was entertaining. Love the movie technique!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home