Wednesday, September 06, 2006

When I grow up I want to be.....

Last night I went to the cubs game. With that I spent a lot of time afterwards talking to a friend about a lot of things going on in our lives. The one thing that came up that has been part of my mind for a while was that we are growing older. I know that may sound stupid. I am almost 30 which should mean that I should be an adult. However; I still feel like a kid at times. 3 of my ex girlfriends are married and with children. I am not saying I want that life., now I am very happy with the way my life is and I have made choices to bring to where I am. I still kind of feel like not an adult at times. I can not really explain it though. I look at the way my parents are and I think being an adult i should be at their point but I am not. However the one thing I have come to terms is that I am not their and I think I will get there on my own time. I have help but i believe she is already aware of how much help I need.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh.. but see I always thought that it would FEEL different to be a certain age. When I was in 1st grade I thought the 8th graders were so old! When I was in College I thought late 20s was old! Now I too look at my parents and wonder when I'll be at "that stage of my life" - but the truth is I don't think that one is ever ready for those changes. They just happen. I'm sure that BJ doens't think he is ready to be a father, and when they do have their lovely child, he still won't believe that he is in "that stage". But the fact of the matter is that he will be in it!

Think about the responsibility that you have right now in your job - ask any kid fresh out of school what they would think of somebody in that position. I would be that the answer would be very different than the way you actually feel!

Its all relative, right? Just enjoy where you are, don't question it too much - you ARE growing up and you are definitely not a kid anymore!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, you're awesome. F what everyone else is doing. Oh, and you need to come out to Steamboat.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home