Friday, May 19, 2006

Play at words


Keri and I went to the second play on Wednesday of our Broadway in Chicago series. I do have to admit that whoever gave her the seasons tickets to Broadway in Chicago as a Christmas gift must be quite and amazing person.

So the evening started out magically. I left work a little early and began to walk over to Ben Pao for dinner. About 10 minutes and 5 blocks away from the restaurant is begins to rain. Sorry let me rephrase it because rain just doesn't quite cut it. I beleive Torrential Downpour with a side of hail would be more appropriate. Of course I do not choose to get in a cab at this point since its 5 blocks away. Long story short, I would have been less wet if I had gone swimming in my clothes. To top it off about a block away from the restaurant a cabbie changed lanes to specifically hit a puddle and splash it all over my legs. Normally I would have been extremely pissed but it didn't make me any wetter then I already was.

As I am about to cross the street to Ben Pao, I get a phone call from Keri saying how soaked she is( also it has stopped raining at this time, so future note is to wait 5 minutes and see if you want to go swimming first). I believe I won Keri's soaked contest by a landslide. She actually just started laughing at me when I entered the restaurant. Needless to say Ben Pao would not be serving my wet cold ass dinner that evening. Keri said we needed to go get new clothes. So about 30-45 minutes later and a $115 dollar rain fall for me(all new clothes except for boxes and shoes), we were sitting down to eat at FoodLife. I have been to most of the Lettuce entertain you restaurants but Foodlife it a lot different. Its more like a fancy cafeteria with 13 stations of different food.

The play was really good. Its 1hr and 45 mins with no intermission. The Drury Lane theater is really small so there are not really any bad seats there. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars or a should see. The first half is hillarious and then it drops a little though its still really enjoyable.
Enjoy your weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bauer Fitzgerald said...

RUFF RUFF RUFFFFFF

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee...

I don't know anybody who is quite AND amazing! :)

Or who wears boxes either..

Unless this was all a Play at words

11:41 PM  
Blogger Hutch said...

Instead of buying new clothes, you should have just dropped your pants, taken off your wet boxers and threw them on the floor of Ben Pao. That would have been awesome!

4:23 PM  
Blogger B.J. said...

You should have gotten on the floor and done the caterpillar.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home