Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blog changing incident

I was originally post about my plans for the weekend and the fact that my quarter in school is done. However something happened that changed the original message

Original planned message:
I am really excited for this weekend. I fiinshed my last class on thursday night. With that I no longer have any finals, papers or homework to worry about for the weekend. I wanted to sit on my couch and watch the entire second season of Entourage since the next season starts this week.

New post:
On my way home from work on Friday night. I was still really excited about the weekend. I am riding my bike down Halsted just past Chicago ave. there is a hill that I was going down. I was going pretty fast down the hill in the bike lane. Traffic was backed up halsted which I love as I pass all these cars just sitting. Then the something happened, a blue ford taurus trys to sneek into the traffic by pulling into the bike lane right in front of me. Luckily enough I was able to swerve to avoid him though just barely instead of crashing head first into the side of his car. Instead after I swered I realized that there was a car stuck in traffic right on the other side of him. Hence the Blue Taurus trying to squeeze into traffic. Long story short, I was not able to avoid this VW passat wagon ended up hitting the back corner of it. My handlebars and my hand ended up going through rear brake light.
The next hour was spent waiting for the cops to show up so a report could be filed. Once the cops showed up they took everyone information and then let the Blue Taurus go because according to their view he had no fault. So at this point I am waiting on the VW's insurance company to call me and see what the deal is. Also I think my bike my have gotten a little messed up. I was able to ride it home the rest of the way but the gear don't switch as easy now and the chain slips once in a while.

Also just so Keri nows I was wearing my helmet. The only damage I had is pictured below. I made TK take them when I got home.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

F'in A dude!

I'm sorry to hear about it! Glad that you FINALLY started wearing a helmet!

Glad you are ok as well.

12:38 PM  
Blogger B.J. said...

It's a dangerous world out there with a bunch of people that don't know how to drive their thousands of pounds weighing death machines.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a scary story, and I am glad you weren't hurt that bad. Hopefully you were still able to sit on your couch and watch Entourage.

5:10 PM  
Blogger mark said...

I'm sure Dave is looking forward to Keri's practicing.

Glad you're OK. Stupid cars.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home